Friday 8 April 2011

April Eighth -#21

At first this morning I had no idea what I was going to do today -so I posted it on facebook..
Then my friend Ariffa came to the rescue and said to eat vegan for a day. So thats what I did.

I would like to virtually pat my little brother and mother on the back because they also did this challenge with me today...not that they really had a choice, but they were good sports about it.

So this morning we started off with a good breakfast -which we like never have in this house.
We had peanut butter on flax toast with sliced oranges and yogurt with hemp seeds mixed into it.
I cut up the oranges
Dished the yogurt and put hemp seeds on it
and toasted and smeared the peanut butter
Which created this yummy first dish!

Then I went for about an hours walk with mushu, nothing really exciting happened on the walk im sorry to report.
When we got back I watched some TV then started to make lunch.

For lunch I made a spinach salad with shaved carrots and green beans, topped with colourful tortilla chip bits and hemp seeds, and splashed with spring herb italian vinaigrette and a side of grapes. -very green this afternoon.
I washed the spinach and poured in into the bowl
 -rinse and repeat with carrots and green beans
then I sprinkled the tortilla chips and hemp seeds on
And finished off with tossing in the vinaigrette
And there ya have it, a very green yummy lunch

After lunch I watched some criminal minds -best show. And had a little nap -stupid headaches.
Anyways..then me and mother went to meet my friend Ariffa at Michaels were we started helping her with this project. Afterwards we drove her home were she gifted us with some delightful vegan snacks of a banana, apple, nuts, and pita chips! - I would have a picture for you of it but we ate it all...sorry

Now to finish the day off with a kick ass dinner!
I made pasta with tomato sauce tossed with grilled peppers topped with hemp seeds, and a side of cucumbers, and peaches and warm buns.
I boiled the pasta

mircowaved the tomato sauce

grilled the peppers

and threw it all together and topped it with heep seeds!
and a side order or cucumbers and peaches

Yep I would say food wise the day went flawless!
It was all very quick and smilp to make and I had a blast doing it.

#21. Eat vegan for a day
Done!!

Long Live Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment